Summer 2012 in Hell's Kitchen - Story 4
A PLATE OF GRILLED SUMMER VEGGIES WITH JAPANESE-STYLE CLEAR SOUP - PETALS IN PURE FOUNTAIN? & VEGGIE-DRESSED RICE.
|Japanese-style clear soup - petals in pure fountain?|
|Grilled summer veggies & Japanese-style veggie-dressed rice.|
For GRILLED SUMMER VEGGIES (serves 1):
1/4 Eggplant, 1 tomato, 1 clove of garlic and 2 mushrooms, marinated in SHIO KOJI over night.
Rosemary, as you wish
Salt & pepper, as you wish
Simply grill in all veggie in the oven in 325 - 350 degrees. I recommend that tomatoes and garlic be cooked longer than eggplant as eggplant tends to be dry. Finish off with drips of extra virgin olive oil. If you need more flavor, I recommend the use of lime pepper.
For JAPANESE-STYLE VEGGIE-DRESSED RICE (Serves 2-3):
2 cups of short-grain rice, cleansed with water and drained for a few hours.
1/2 carrot, thinly sliced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 cup veggie stock (I use the stock made of kelp and dried shitake mushroom)
2 shitake mushroom used for veggie stock
2tbsp soy sauce
Salt, as you wish
1. In a small pot, simmer carrot, celery, and shitake mushroom with veggie stock, soy sauce, mirin and sake. Do not overcook.
2. In a rice cooker or pot (I used Dutch oven), transfer drained rice and ONLY soup from (1). Add salt and more water or veggie stock necessary, and cook rice.
3. Once rice is cooked, add cooked veggies from (1). Mix it gently.
For JAPANESE-STYLE CLEAR SOUP - PETALS IN PURE FOUNTAIN? (serves 1):
A few leaves of Chinese broccoli
1 red radish, thinly sliced
1.5 cups veggie stock
Salt, as you wish
Soy sauce, as you wish - approx. 1-2 tbsp
1 tsp Katakuriko (or fine flour)
1. Heat up veggie stock and simmer (I use the stock made of kelp and dried shitake mushroom. This works well for this kind of soup.) Cook Chinese broccoli until the color slightly change to light green.
2. In the soup stock (1), add soy sauce and salt, then simmer. Mix katakuriko and 2-3 tbsp water, then add to the soup stock to finish.
3. Cut-up Chinese Broccoli and add to a soup bowl along with sliced red radish. Add the soup on top of it.
Thank you for reading my blog!
One day, One recipe!!
Have a nice day!!!